General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
|1||Define the impact of company’s culture, structure and design can have on its organizational behaviour. (CLO3).|
|2||Assess challenges of effective organizational communication and share information within the team in professional manner. (CLO4).|
|3||Examine the differences and similarities between leadership, power, and management.(CLO5).|
Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2021). Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (7th ed). Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Case Study: –
Please read the case “Mattel” from Chapter 15 “Organizational Structure ” Page: – 505 given in your textbook – Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (7th ed). by Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2021) and Answer the following Questions:
1.If you were a Mattel employee, would you be encouraged by what CEO Ynon Kriez said about how he is following up on restructuring? Is there a way he could have said it better?.(03 Marks) (Min words 150-250)
2.Given that Mattel’s structure is still organized around brands (toys), how do you expect a new film division to fit in from a structural standpoint?. (03 Marks) (Min words 150-200)
3.How might Mattel change its structure to be more efficient or successful? (02 Marks) (Min words 150-200)
Discussion Questions: – Please read Chapter 12, 13 & 14 “Teams: Process and Communication — Leadership: Power and Negotiation & Leadership: Styles and Behaviour” carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.
4.Describe the communication process in a student team of which you’ve been a member. Were there examples of “noise” that detracted from the team members’ ability to communicate with one another? What was the primary mode of communication among members? Did this mode of communication possess an appropriate level of information richness? Which network structure comes closest to describing the one that the team used to communicate? (03 Marks ) (Min words 200-300)
5.Which forms of power do you consider to be the strongest? Which types of power do you currently have? How could you go about obtaining higher levels of the forms that you’re lacking? (02 Marks ) (Min words 150-200)
6.Consider the four dimensions of transformational leadership: idealized influence, inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation, and individualized consideration. Which of those dimensions would you respond to most favourably? Why? (02 Marks ) (Min words 150-200)
Important Note: –
1. Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
2. References required in the assignment. Use APA style for writing references.