Addressing post Covid-19 pandemic challenges: Climate change
“Democratic Republic of the Congo as a case study”
How sustainable finance approaches, tools, instruments, and/or institutions could help the economy of the Congo in addressing the “climate change” challenge faced after the Covid-19 pandemic?
The essay includes:
• A proposal of Sustainable finance approach(es) that would help generate more sustainable development outcomes.
• An evaluation of the proposed solution(s) and substantiation of your reasoning through literature (the provided reading list and beyond).
• A demonstration of how the proposed solution(s) would contribute to the sustainable finance and economy as well they would impact the society at large, in particular policymakers, regulators, consumers, and investors.
Points to be covered but not restricted to:
• Define one or two key sustainable finance solutions, instruments, or tools.
• Choose one or two sustainable economy solutions, tools, instruments and/or organizations and explain how they could be used to support the economy of the Congo to address the following challenges: climate change. Explain how these solutions, tools, instruments and/or organizations could be used to mitigate these challenges.
• Explain how your proposed solution and analysis would contribute to the sustainable finance and economy literature and how your proposed solutions and analysis could impact the society at large, in particular, policymakers, regulators, consumers, and investors of Islamic finance and economy.
• Try explaining your points by giving as many practical examples as possible.
• Your analysis should reflect your intellectual ability and past education in sustainable finance and economy.
• Your solution and analysis do not have to solve all aspects of the issue. Still, they could be a step to contribute to addressing it from the perspective of sustainable finance and economy.
• Provide your proposed solution(s) and substantiate your reasoning by referring to the provided reading list and beyond.
• To pass, the essay assignment must be clearly written, reflect previously published work on the subject, and demonstrate a contribution to the discipline. In addition, it must show evidence of independent research.
– Word limits do not apply to tables, figures, and references list.
– The chart should be directly related to the topic.
– Make a comparison of Democratic Republic of the Congo before and after the Covid-19 pandemic, including the number/rates of aids provided to them by different well known international organizations.
– Make a comparison of Democratic Republic of the Congo during the Ebola disease and the Covid-19 pandemic.