8.1 Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the diagnostic issues associated with interpersonal relations and group dynamics interventions. (MLO 10.1)
- Illustrate the principles of the process consultation intervention. (MLO 10.2)
- Describe the process of third-party conflict resolution. (MLO 10.3)
- Discuss and evaluate the core organization development (OD) intervention of team building. (MLO 10.4)
- Understand the diagnostic issues associated with organization-wide process interventions. (MLO 11.1)
- Demonstrate the organization confrontation meeting. (MLO 11.2)
- Describe and evaluate the effectiveness of large-group interventions. (MLO 11.40
8.2 Action Required:
- Required Readings:
Chapter 10: Interpersonal and Group Process Approaches.
Chapter 11: Organization Process Approaches.
- Recommended Readings:
Lambrechts, Frank & Grieten, Styn & Bouwen, R. & Corthouts, Felix. (2009). Process Consultation RevisitedTaking a Relational Practice Perspective. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. 45. 39-58. 10.1177/0021886308326563.
Cox, Tom & Taris, Toon & Nielsen, Karina. (2010). Organizational interventions: Issues and challenges. Work and Stress – WORK STRESS. 24. 217-218. 10.1080/02678373.2010.519496.
8.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
- Discuss the issues associated with interpersonal relations and group dynamics interventions.
Post your answer in the discussion board using the discussion link below (Week8: Interactive learning Discussion).