Each organization has its own background perceptions, ethics, values, history, and ambitions. Therefore, a “one size fits all” change management process may not work in every organization. We must assess and adapt our process to fit the backgrounds and philosophies of each organization.
Given this understanding, we need to research and assess when, and if, an organization is ready for change, and then adopt a process to best facilitate the change process. Choose a Middle Eastern organization at which you are currently working or one in which you are familiar. (If neither is possible, conduct an internet search to identify a Middle Eastern organization which has gone through a transformation process within the last three years.) Then address the following:
- Provide a brief summary of the organization (its history, culture, industry, product, and services).
- Explain why a change was needed. What is the gap between the present state and the desired future state?
- How strong is the need for change?
- What is the source of this need? Is it external to the organization?
- If the change does not occur, what will be the impact on the organization in the next few years?
- Briefly explain if the change process was a success or failure.
- Based on what you have learned thus far in the course, evaluate the company’s readiness for change. Were they ready, why or why not? Would you have done anything differently?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- For the most part, change that personally benefits an individual is typically welcomed. As we review the materials in this week’s module, pay particular attention to strategies and methods that can be utilized to reduce the resistance of employees toward change. Moreover, identify mechanisms where change can be reframed or rebranded to encourage willing participation throughout the organization. You also have a Critical Thinking assignment this week.Learning Outcomes
- Critique the factors that block employees from recognizing the need for change.
- Determine if, and when, an organization is ready for change.
- Evaluate the need for change from multiple organizational perspectives.
ReadingsRequired:Chapter 4 in Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented ToolkitAllen, J. B., Jain, S., & Church, A. H. (2020). Using a pulse survey approach to drive organizational change. Organization Development Review, 52(3), 62-68. Organizational Inertia as a Barrier to Change: The Application of Grounded Theory to Understand Organizational Inertia. (2020). Organizational Culture Management, 19(2), 251–280. https://doi.org/10.22059/jomc.2020.298205.1007993
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: