Topic: Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- 5 pages total, title page (1), reference page (1)
- Include Running Head
- Informative paper written in present tense
- APA Format is very important
- Everything should be easy to read so that a patient would understand what is going on
- Every definition or explanation should have an in-text citation since this is also a teaching paper for a patient.
- Minimus 5 references (the more the better)
- No information about the baby, mostly the patient (only information on baby is how the baby is affected by the condition)
Address the following:
- What is the topic? – Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- How does it manifest?
- How is it diagnosed?
- When is it diagnosed? 20 weeks gestation?
- What labs/ tests are done to diagnose the condition?
- What medications/ BP medications can be taken for this condition? (For pregnant patients)… Labatolol, Nifedipine
- How does it affect the baby?
- Signs and symptoms of how it affects the baby?
- Worst case scenario for patient?
- Any contraindications?
- How is the condition treated?
- Home instructions when discharged?
Additional Information to add:
- Pre seizure
- No Methergine
- Magnesium sulfate: smooth muscle relaxant (relaxes uterus)
- #1 poor fetal growth (intrauterine growth restriction)… why? Because it decreases oxygen supply to the placenta. Also write how it is diagnosed.
- Epigastric pain is the #1 pain
- HELLP syndrome
- Use of Nifedipine