Economic and Political/Legal or Institutional Factors
Consider the readings from Huntington, Khanna and Palepu, Anaya et
al., World Bank, Porter etc.. in responding to this week’s prompt.
Free Markets are closely associated with economic freedom and a capitalist political philosophy. Similarly, few economists think that there are strong economic motivation for impediments to trade. Moreover, most firms embrace attitudes favorable to free trade. Please be sure to respon
1. Why do so many politicians advocate for trade barriers, especially since they are so costly to society? What are their motives for pushing for policies that defy economic logic. Who benefits from such politicking? What are the costs to society? Is it fair that consumers pay the price of protectionism?
2. Consider Huntington’s “Clash of Civilizations”. How do you see his observations reflected in current events? What are the implications this thinking in the context of Globalization?
3. What are “institutional voids”. Is there a relationship between
institutional voids and other characteristics, such as GDP, culture etc…
in a particular society? What might explain these relationships?
• Must be 300 to 400 words Be thoughtful and substantive
Respond to discussion prompt and demonstrate higher-order thinking (apply, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, examine, pose, or connect course
concepts to international business)
Follow the guidance regarding sources in the
syllabus. Follow APA formatting and documentation guidelines when referring to course readings and
other materials • Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Response to Peers
Respond to at least two of your classmates. Each response should be:
• At least 150 words; must include more than one’s agreement or disagreement with another student’s post
Reacting to classmate post and demonstrate higher-order thinking (challenge, connect, suggest, question, or expand the post of peers)
Follow APA formatting and documentation guidelines when referring to course readings and other materials
• Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation . Please do not submit a .docx file or a pdf.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: