As you read and complete your coursework this week on pharmacokinetics, pharmacotherapeutics, and infectious diseases, connect what you are learning to a current or recent article that relates to one of the week’s topics.
Search for a recent professional journal article or an article from a professional website in one of the following areas:
- Infectious diseases
- Antimicrobial stewardship
Use public, professional, or academic sources to locate articles on your chosen topic, including:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Consider how this information is important to your role as a clinician. Respond to the following questions:
- Summarize the article.
- Describe a situation in which this information can apply in a clinical setting.
- Based on the article, choose 3 key points you would like to share with the class. Consider any ethical, cultural, or social implications of the research that is relevant to clinical practice.
Cite any references used.