Recently, the Millennial generation outnumbered the Baby Boomers, becoming the most populous generation today. One of the strong values of the Millennials is work/life balance. As Millennials move into leadership roles, they will likely emphasize the importance of this value within the organization as well. For members of some organizations, telecommuting has helped maintain balance. At the same time, being connected 24/7 has presented new problems. For your initial discussion post, address the following:
- Review the scholarly literature to find trends on work/life balance and select an article describing ways an organization can foster work/life balance.
- Describe how an organization can deal with the pervasiveness of mobile electronics connecting employees to the office.
- Detail ethical considerations.
- Determine how you would know if your recommendations were effective.
- DiGirolamo, J. (2015). Coaching for professional development [White paper] [PDF]. https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/trends-and-forecasti… Coaching for Professional Development.pdf
- Diochon, P. F., & Nizet, J. (2015). Ethical codes and executive coaches: One size does not fit all.. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 51(2), 277–301.
- Gapminder. (n.d.). https://www.gapminder.org/
- Geert Hofstede. (n.d.). http://geert-hofstede.com/
- Jordan, C. G., & Ewing, H. T. (2016). Diversity and inclusion concepts and practice as informed by Gestalt training. Gestalt Review, 20(2), 188–200.
- Kanfer, R., Frese, M., & Johnson, R. E. (2017). Motivation related to work: A century of progress. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(3), 338–355.
- Rife, A. A., & Hall, R. J. (2016). Work-life balance [White paper] [PDF]. https://www.siop.org/Portals/84/docs/White%20Paper…
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: