Reflect back over the past six weeks and describe how the achievement of the Course Outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet the RN to BSN Student Learning Outcome #7 and the BSN Essential IV.
- Student Learning Outcome 7: Use information management skills while implementing safety principles to create a safe, caring environment for care delivery
- Baccalaureate Essential IV: Knowledge and skills in information management and patient care technology are critical in the delivery of quality patient care.
Pay particular attention to the Course Objectives (below) as a guide to illustrate your preparedness for each of the two outcomes (SLO7 & Baccalaureate Essential V)
- CO4: Describe the concepts of information and computer literacy as they relate to patient care.
- CO5: Explain the relationship between information needs of the: clinician, patient, institution, and insurer and the role of the EHR in all of these needs.
- CO 6: Explain the relationship of the EHR to inter–professional communication/collaboration and continuity of care.
- CO 7: Articulate the role of information technology in providing safe, quality car
- The paper should be 4-5 pages, not including the Title- and References pages.
- Use APA 7th style formatting.
- Review the rubric and use that as a ‘recipe’ to ensure that you have included all the requirements.
- Justify your responses with appropriate resources. For example, references should be current (within the last 5 years) scholarly publications (use the library databases), and quality Websites with current information that end in .gov., org. , or .edu. Use APA 7th style formatting for in-text and reference list citations.