- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read pages 245 – 267 from the article, PART 3: RESEARCH AND EVALUATION: Evaluation of Social Work Practice in Health Care Settings. Social Work in Health Care: A Handbook for Practice.
- For this Assignment activity:
- Select one sampling method that you plan to use for your practice evaluation.
- Discuss why you chose this sampling method.
- Identify and discuss one advantage and disadvantage of using this sampling method.
- Discuss the sampling plan (exactly how the sample will be selected and implemented for your practice evaluation).
- This Assignment should be one page in length (this does not include the title or reference pages).
Here is my discussion from this week:
The stratified sampling method is favorable for the program evaluation. The target population is likely to have varying characteristics and thus the method. Further, the time available is limited and the method does not require much of it. It is also cost effective to carry out research using when sampling through this method (Valentini et al., 2022).
The main advantage of this method is that it is possible generate a sample population that is representative of the whole population. However, it has the drawback of that it may not be applicable to every study design. Studies where it is not possible to classify the population into strata may not apply here (Valentini et al., 2022).
- Identification of the population
- Since it is proportionate, selecting a sample that will be equal for the strata
- The stratification
- Collection of data
- Organization of the data
- Data analysis
Valentini, F., Silva, O. M., Torii, A. J., & Cardoso, E. L. (2022). Local averaged stratified sampling method. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 44(7), 1-23.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: