The final paper is designed to give students an opportunity to demonstrate mastery of the course objectives and operationalize the concepts and techniques discussed in class. This paper constitutes 40% of the student’s grade for the course.
Students are encouraged to pick a topic that is relevant to his/ her agency. The choice of topic is up to the student as long as it involves the incorporation of the following three key elements:
1) behavioral analysis,
3) investigation (or tactical planning).
For example, potential topics could include (but are not limited to):
• Examine an adjudicated & unclassified case or series in which behavioral analysis…
• was used effectively (or ineffectively) and how it could have been improved, or
• was not used, but it could have contributed significantly to the investigation and/or prosecution of the case(s).
• Expand upon a “behavioral analysis” or “decision-making model” and explain how it could be effectively utilized in his or her own agency.