DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The student will complete 1 Discussion in this course. The student will post one thread of at least
400 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: Week. The student must
then post 2 replies of at least 200 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned Module:
Week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 1 scholarly citation.
Read a Scholarly Article about CQ: For this discussion, each student will need to select a scholarly journal article about CQ in a specific professional discipline. Note that a variety of articles have been provided in the Discussion Resources area below to relate to a large selection of degree fields and professional interests; however, if a student does not find an article that matches their interests, they can do their own research to find a different article. You should send the article to your professor and get prior approval before using an article if it is different than the ones provided.
Once you have read your article please answer the following questions in your thread: (Questions in parenthesis are suggestions to help guide your writing).
- Briefly summarize the article. (What were the researchers studying? What was the primary thesis of the article? How did they conduct their research? What were the results?)
- Using this article as well as other course materials, discuss the implications of Cultural Intelligence in your chosen professional field. (What cross-cultural challenges exist in your profession? How will having high CQ help to address those challenges? What other research needs to be done in order to develop high CQ in your field?)
- Imagine you were creating a professional development seminar on cultural intelligence for professionals in your chosen field. Aside from simply defining CQ, what topics would you focus on? How would you help your attendees practically apply CQ to your field? Discussion Resources
- BUSINESS: Business Cultural Intelligence Quotient: A Five-Country Study (Links to an external site.)
- BUSINESS: Examining Cultural Intelligence and Cross-Cultural Negotiation Effectiveness (Links to an external site.)
- BUSINESS: Cultural Intelligence in Organizations (Links to an external site.)
- BUSINESS: Developing Cultural Intelligence for Global Leadership Through Mindfulness (Links to an external site.)
- BUSINESS: How Does Cultural Intelligence Affect Organizational Culture: The Mediating Role of Cross-cultural Role Conflict, Ambiguity, and Overload (Links to an external site.)
- BUSINESS: Motivational Configurations of Cultural Intelligence, Social Integration, and Performance in Global Virtual Teams (Links to an external site.)
- COMMERCIAL AVIATION: Cultural Intelligence and Relationship Quality in the Cabin Crew Team: The Perception of Members Belonging to Cultural Minority Groups (Links to an external site.)
- EDUCATION: Cultural Intelligence and Leadership Style in the Education Sector (Links to an external site.)
- EDUCATION: Does Cultural Intelligence Matter?: Effects of Principal and Teacher Cultural Intelligence on Latino Student Achievement (Links to an external site.)
- EDUCTION: Introducing Multicultural Experiences through Virtual Partnerships (Links to an external site.)
- EDUCATION: Teaching with Cultural Intelligence: Developing Multiculturally Educated and Globally Engaged Citizens (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- EDUCATION: Multicultural Teaching Efficacy and Cultural Intelligence of Teachers: The Effects of Learning Goal Orientation and Training Readiness (Links to an external site.)
- HEALTHCARE: Association Between Cultural Intelligence and Cultural Sensitivity in Nursing Students: A Cross-Sectional Descriptive Study (Links to an external site.)
- MILITARY: The Role of Human Terrain and Cultural Intelligence in Contemporary Hybrid and Urban Warfare (Links to an external site.)
- MISSIONS: Cultural Intelligence: A Model for Cross-Cultural Problem Solving (Links to an external site.)
- MISSIONS: Cultural Intelligence and Short-Term Missions (Links to an external site.)
- PSYCHOLOGY: Cultural Intelligence in Counseling Psychology: Applications for Multicultural Counseling Competence (Links to an external site.)
- PSYCHOLOGY: The Moderating Role of Social Media Usage in the Relationship Among Multicultural Experiences, Cultural Intelligence, and Individual Creativity (Links to an external site.)
- SOCIAL WORK: Empathy and Social Closeness toward Refugees from Syria: The Mediating Role of Cultural Intelligence (Links to an external site.)
- SOCIAL WORK: Cultural Intelligence for Clinical Social Work Practice
Remember to include a citation for your article and any other sources you use at the bottom of your thread.