Dance Chosen: Revelations – Alvin Ailey
1) Please provide the title of the chosen dance work, the name of the choreographer, and the names of the dancers/dance company performing the work in the captured performance.
2) Identify and describe how Space, Time, and Energy was used in this work. Thoroughly escribe how the elements were used in the dance and how they created meaning for the viewer.
3) Identify how the production elements Costuming, Lighting, and Setting were used in this work. Thoroughly describe how the elements were used in the dance and how they created meaning for the viewer.
4) How do you think the cultural and historical background of the choreographer might have influenced how this work is presented?
5) By viewing this work, what conclusions can you reach about the choreographer’s views of the world? Consider spirituality, politics, economics, race or ethnicity, gender identity, etc.
6) Does this work remind you of any other dance or art work you have viewed either inside or outside of this class? How is it similar or different?
7) What do you think the choreographer meant to communicate with this work? If you could ask the choreographer anything, what would it be