- Identify and discuss ethical conduct of research and scholarly work
- In groups of 3-5, create a PowerPoint with narration.
- 15 slides and at least 3 peer reviewed sources
- Headings for each section of the PowerPoint (Introduction, body, conclusion, references)
- Ensure that all names are on the PowerPoint
- Grade each member of the group using the attached rubric
Step 1: Research
- Research an ethical issue in history such as (Nuremberg Code, Thalidomide, Tuskegee Syphilis Study, etc.) and create PowerPoint
Step 2: Consider and create
- History of ethical issue
- Specific research acts or reports that came from this issue
- How does it benefit research and subjects today
Dax Cowart Case (1973): At 25yo, a former US Air Force pilot sustained debilitating full body burn injuries from a propane gas explosion that resulted in the loss of his
hands and eyes. Painful life sustaining treatment was carried out against his wishes, which he sustained was a violation of his civil rights. He survived 40+ years beyond the
accident, became a personal injury attorney and advocated for patient rights and respect for patient autonomy..