Excel, PowerPoint and Zoom Assignment
This assignment allows you to use the various skills presented over the past week. In this exercise, you will prepare mini-income statements for the fictional company XYZ Corp., for 2022 – 2030. XYZ is a fictional grocery store planning to introduce Ready Meals to increase revenue.
- These income statements will consist of the following information: Revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Gross Margin, Sales, General and Administrative Costs and Net Profit. These income statements must allow for flexibility, i.e., a change in assumptions so that different scenarios can be run.
- XYZ’s Revenue for 2021 was $2.5 million
- For 2022, XYZ’s Revenue is expected to increase 8.9% from 2021’s level.
- For 2023 to 2030, XYZ is projecting annual Revenue increases of 7.5%
- XYZ’s Cost of Goods Sold is calculated as a percentage of Revenue and is estimated at 34% of Revenue in 2022
- For 2023 to 2030, XYZ’s Cost of Goods Sold is expected to decrease by 3.0% per year
- Sales, General and Administrative Expenses are expected to be 60% of Revenue in 2022.
- From 2023-2030, Sales, General and Administrative Costs are expected to decrease to 45% of Revenue
- You will create a 5-slide PowerPoint Deck that includes the following
- Title slide
- Identification of major trend being examined
- Discussion of assumptions made in preparing the Income Statements
- Photos or other graphics to support the text on your slides
- A graph showing expected increases in Revenue and Net Profits from 2022-2030
- A 3-minute (maximum) Zoom video presentation identifying the opportunity and expected results.
Skills Expected to be demonstrated in this exercise:
- Production of a graph
- Use of graphics
- Use of text and font sizes