Here is this week’s assignment. You are only adding one paragraph. This one will include a peer review.
The Module Four assignment is complete/incomplete (25 points). You will be taking three steps: (1) revise and refine what you already have; (2) add a section from Module Four that includes one paragraph of a close analysis of a passage from Matthew that supports your thesis; (3) a peer review. Steps (1) and (2) are due Sunday night or into the weekend. Step (3) is due next Thursday. Peer reviewers will be assigned early Monday morning. Each step is laid out in more detail below:
(1) Revise and refine. Take another look at your introduction, thesis, and your first section on Mark.
- Does your thesis concretely sum up what you are arguing or asserting in your paper thus far? Have your thoughts changed? Note: this is a longer paper. Your thesis need not be limited to a couple sentences.
- Do your Mark and Matthew sections connect well with your thesis?
(2) Compose another paragraph in your Matthew section that analyzes one passage from Matthew in light of your thesis. Some of you may have already done this. If you have, revise and refine based on what we learned about examples of close readings this week and redaction criticism.
- I want you to be able to use the citation guide of your own discipline. But I do want you to cite the texts. If you are a THRS major, use this guide (Links to an external site.) (based on Chicago Style). Or if you simply want to use the citation guide of biblical studies, feel free to use this link as well. If you want to see what a professional paper looks like in this discipline’s format, here is .
(3) After you submit your paper Sunday night, you will be assigned a partner to review your work. You will also be given someone else’s writing to review. The reviews will be anonymous.