The command staff has approached you regarding how best to distribute resources in order to curtail crime in various Districts. The assignment for topic #5 will be in a form of a Memo with a chart embedded. The final product will consist of a cover page, the Memo, and the reference page. Ensure to research the formatting of a Memo. A Memo is not in the same format as the traditional APA format.
- Go to the Chicago crime map (https://clearmap-chicagopd.hub.arcgis.com/).
- Click on the “Explore” button for the “Crime Summary by Police District” crime map. Click on the “30-day” tab at the top of the page just beneath the title: Crime Summary by Police District.
- Select a district from the “Police Districts All Crime” column on the left side of the screen. When you click on your selected district, a list of all the crimes reported in that district appears over the map.
- Select 4 different types of crimes that were reported in that district and record the number of their occurrences.
- Select 3 other districts in different parts of the city and record the number of occurrences of the same four crimes as you selected in your first district. You will now have data on 4 types of crime which occurred in 4 different districts.
- From that data for each “District”, compare the Districts, and determine the highest frequency of each of the four types of crimes in each District. Create a chart or a bar graph to compile this data.
- Create a Memo with the chart embedded, to the command staff that summarizes the analysis of your findings regarding the comparison of the various types of crimes in the four Districts. In the memo, explain to the command staff everything that he might need to know to make the best decision. Support your analysis with research.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources provided in resources, found in the GCU Library (https://library.gcu.edu/) log-in would be provided, or government websites.
APA style is required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a scoring guide (see attached file before you start to know excatly what to do)
Sources that could help with the paper:
https://bibliu.com/app/#/view/books/9781506331041/… (read chapter 14)
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: