“The 21st century isn’t coming; it’s already here…. Public schools must prepare our young people to understand and address global issues, and educators must re-examine their teaching strategies and curriculum so that all students can thrive in this global and interdependent society.”
–Dennis Van Roekel, president, National Education Association (Links to an external site.), April 2010
As a Curriculum leader, you must be sure your school/district is preparing students for the 21st Century and beyond. How will you do this?
- Find the goals and objectives for preparing your students/learners in your school/organization for 21st Century.
- If you cannot find them, then create a Hierarchy of Outcomes to meet this challenge.
- Share in this space the Hierarchy of Outcomes for 21st Century Skills outlined for your school or grade level or district to include:
- Curriculum goal or overarching idea
- Curriculum objective or standard
- Instructional goal or essential question
- Instructional objective or learning target
- Be sure to cite from your textbook and other resources
- Be sure to respond to at least 2 other classmates.