Please answer the following questions:
- What were your understanding of health, health disparities, and social justice prior to taking the course?
- How has this understanding changed now that we are finished with the course?
- Is there anything else that you would like to share?
Choose one of the following health topics to discuss:
- Teenage pregnancy and/or at-risk pregnancies
- Lung cancer
Write a 2-4 (double-spaced) page paper that addresses the following:
- A brief overview of the health topic, including a description of the condition and incidence/prevalence (Links to an external site.) trends in the U.S. Note, observed disparities in incidence and prevalence.
- A discussion about social and other determinants of health-related to your topic, and how it relates to observed disparities. For example, you may discuss the relationship between race, gender, and SES and how these factors influence your chosen health topic. Also provide an explanation for why differences exist between groups.
- Y will need to discuss 3 determinants for total points.
- A brief description of current or proposed solutions addressing the topic and/or decreasing disparities related to the topic. This can include government policies, organizational efforts, etc. If no policies exist, provide a suggestion for possible policies that can be implemented.
- Please include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Include at least 2 outside sources, properly cited using APA format.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: