Choose one of the following health topics to discuss:
- Teenage pregnancy and/or at-risk pregnancies
- Lung cancer
Write a 2-4 (double-spaced) page paper that addresses the following:
- A brief overview of the health topic, including a description of the condition and incidence/prevalence (Links to an external site.) trends in the U.S. Note observed disparities in incidence and prevalence.
- A discussion about social and other determinants of health related to your topic, and how it relates to observed disparities. For example, you may discuss the relationship between race, gender, and SES and how these factors influence your chosen health topic. Also provide an explanation for why differences exist between groups.
- Y will need to discuss 3 determinants for full points.
- A brief description of current or proposed solutions addressing the topic and/or decreasing disparities related to the topic. This can include government policies, organizational efforts, etc. If no policies exist, provide a suggestion for possible policies that can be implemented.
- Please include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Include at least 2 outside sources, properly cited using APA format.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeHealth Topic Overview||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDeterminants of Health||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePolicy||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction and Conclusion||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePage Length||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar and Punctuation||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCitationsCitations are to be complete using APA format. This includes both in-text citations and a reference list.||